Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Teatru Unplugged 9 ....Some good vibes.

Yesterday evening I watched the Teatru Unplugged concert and I stood amazed because of the good quality live music I watched. I really regret not attending the magnificent concert at the Manoel.

All the artists(Chasing Pandora, Ira Losco, Brikkuni, Muzzle, Gianni and Rug) did a good job in presenting their style to the present audience. Gianni and Rug performed some italian songs, the 1st one being Con Le Mani by Zucchero(the myth) and then sang two cartoon tracks...the famous "Holly e Benji" and the "Sampei" track(currently made more famous locally in the clubber scene by the remix created by U-Bahn)). Well I am biased since I really love Gianni's radio programmes and live performances however I think the audience loved them too when I watched their applause and participation. The last track performed by Gianni and Rug was 50 Special by Lunapop (previous band of Cesare Cremonini).

I must admit that unlike what I said 2 or 3 blogs away, Chasing Pandora have a unique sound when performing acoustically and live. However my critic on that blog was on recorded music. I think that the singer(Melissa Portelli) has an awesome stage presence. As regards Muzzle they handled the audience quite majestically. Ira Losco did well Live as always and last but not least come "Il-Brikkuni". One of the earliest...it not..the earliest performance of this band with a difference. The song performed by the Brikkuni was a fast Maltese melody...I don't remember its name. The Brikkuni members come from different areas of music however the amalgamation of their styles comes out really great.

I included no video today since I don't have much time to find a good one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi everyone!
first of all nice blog Justin! It's good to have people express their opinions to the world. :)

I agree with Justin.
I don't know why in our country we are frightened of live performances in music. Live performances are one of the most rewarding experiences in a musician's life. The interaction between the audience and the performer is much more real and tangible. Personally, I would hate the idea of playing just by pretending, while a cd takes over and does my work. Playing a live performance let's out your current emotions to the audience and also gives a lot more flexibiliy to the performer.
Also being a live performance, I as part of the audience, would appreciate a lot more the performance. A true skilled performer would take the challange to perform live at all costs.
Samuel

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ifhem live performance trid hafna iktar preperation minn qabel imma naqbel maghkhom li ahjar iddoqq live ghax affarijiet spontanji waqt live performances johorgu ux...

Il- punt li jkun hemm interaction bejn l- udjenza u l performer meta tkun qed iddoqq live hija iktar qawwijja... (inti hu mil- fakawi loool..)

Ifhem trid sagrifficju kbir ghal live performance ghax tisogra naqra imma jekk il finishing jkun tajjeb, tohrog hafna ta nies wara !

proset tal blog justin aka j.g. u awguri.. keep on harding ;)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

aboutmalta.com