Friday, June 16, 2006

O yeahhhhhh....

Mela mela mela...exams finished finally. Phewwwww.

Next target is my flute exam later this month. I'm really enjoying my waking up at 11 everyday with no worries and everything and am looking forward for the revisiting of the various night outs we did last year. For those ppl who don't know me...well..last year me and my (coolest)peers, had this "tradition" of spending a night in various beaches in Malta, Gozo and Comino.

These nightouts all began the same but incredibly enough all ended differently. We all met near the "tal-halib" kiosk in Valletta at around 5p.m. and then headed on to Ghadira, Ghar Lapsi, Cirkewwa (for Gozo and comino). A common feature of all nightouts is that we had to take some food to cook with us but a feature unfortunately not that common was that the food didn't remain so pleasant after it was cooked. Well let me not mention the details for your digestive health.

Luckily we had the decency of taking some video clips of these nightouts cause some occasions are really not to be forgotten. This year we are organising these nightouts once again starting next friday and I'm so really eager about that.

To me...Summer is also synonymous with music. In these days i'm meeting with some guys to try and formulate some sort of good music. As regards this subject...just a note, if there happens to be a drummer and bassist(or double bassist) out there with some talent please contact me on my email, Thanks.

To conclude this blog, I have this thing constantly tickling my brain which is the fact of several Maltese "artists"..."singing" in playback....I totally HATE IT!!. In my opinion, it is an offence on the general public to be shown people just moving their lips as if nobody could mime a scrappy song like theirs!!! I think that people must be given the real substance of a capable musician with balls and not just pushing the play button on some piece of s#1t. And the thing that mostly urges me to do revenge on these "singers" is that 99.999% of the people watching them really don't know that the "artist" isn't actually singing so..Please...SAY NO TO PLAYBACK SINGING!!!

A real 360degrees artist who really is capable of performing greatly is by no doubt, Alex Britti, an Italian guy which previously was a guitarrist with an Italian band and now (these past 8 years or so) is performing solely also as a singer. Here is a clip of his video of "La Vasca" released back in 2000....



P.S. The "" used in this blog are utterly important emphasizers;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

you're right about playback. In my opinion playback is glorified mime.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

aboutmalta.com