Saturday, December 02, 2006

Music, Assignments and revisiting the blog...

alo alo ppls... i just decided to blog myself out this cold saturday afternoon after some time of blog repose. (Hope that there is someone going to read my blog hehe). Loads of stuff has changed from my last blog though am not going to mention that sort of stuff...
Let me just export some of my present musical tastes at the moment, to start with....

As regards the alternative genre I am thrown out of this world by the great album Gang Of Losers by the Canadian Indie Rock Band "The Dears". The Guardian comented on this album stating "The Dears have never sounded so comfortable in their own skin." Besides its somewhat humerous meaning I totally agree with the paper and think that to all those alternative lovers out there, these tracks are a must.

Next awesome album out recently is I'm not dead by Alecia Beth Moore (more known as Pink) which released a multi style variation track list containing some soft acoustic touches, some blues, some rnb, and the pop/rockish style usually associated with the artist. What I greatly appreciate in Pink is the originality and authenticity of her style and lyrics. Well this album is not to miss.

Last but surely not least is some classic jazz of Ella Fitzgerald....in my opinion...the Queen of the Swing/Jazz Genre. I have her gold album which has a beautiful swing character much associated with the artist. I just hope that everyone deep in music has some music of Ella Fitzgerald since her songs are not to be forgotten throughout the years.

As regards other stuff....I have finally started to drive my precious Hyundai Getz.... :) (ga adda kwazi xahar) and I really enjoy going for a drive, especially alone, listening to some hot musical vibes on the sound deck (Pioneer mp3 player....Ehim...).... This week is also the giving-out-of-assignments week where every lecturer liberates his vengeance and we receive the marvellous essay titles or Projects to carry out.
That's all fowks... please watch the following video of the famous (78 year old song) "Mack The Knife" interpreted exceptionally by Ella Fitzgerald with some wonderful improvisation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

aboutmalta.com